We know how important it is that your children grow up to feel confident at the dentist. The very best way to do this is to start young and make sure that they have an only positive experience which is why we will happily register your children as soon as they are born or any time after.
We know you want the best for the youngest members of your family and our team are committed to helping kids grow up free from dental decay. As they get older we screen and check for developing bite problems and can arrange help from orthodontists if necessary
- Brush your child’s teeth twice daily with fluoride toothpaste. They will need assistance with this up to approximately 7 years of age. Ask your dentist for advice on tooth brushing techniques and how much fluoride is best for your child
- Limit sugary snacks to mealtimes only. This minimizes the amount of sugar exposed to the teeth
- Fizzy drinks and fruit should also be eaten with meals, or just after, to minimize acid attack on teeth.
- Milk and water are the only drinks we recommend between meals.
- Visit your dentist every 6 months. This is important as your child will quickly get used to having dental check ups and therefore less likely to experience dental decay. They are also less likely to experience dental phobia as an adult.